Deadline: 1st December 2021. This journal will publish a monographic section for volume 1 of number 5, corresponding to January 2022 titled Challenges and scope of advertising in the digital environment.
January 2022 (N5V1): Challenges and scope of advertising in the digital environment
- Submission deadline: Full papers must be submitted before 1st December 2021 to be peer-reviewed.
- Publication: January 2022 (N5V1)
- Editor: Gloria Jiménez-Marín (Universidad de Sevilla, Spain). email@example.com
- Coordinators: Dra. Gloria Olivia Rodríguez Garay (Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez, México - firstname.lastname@example.org); Dra. Martha Patricia Álvarez Chávez (Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez, México - email@example.com) y Mtra. María del Carmen Cevallos (Investigadora independiente, Quito, Ecuador - firstname.lastname@example.org).
Digitalization of the social, media and anthropological environment, which has been progressively taking place since the end of the last century, is conditioning our corporate, business and personal procedures in the public and private spheres. The term digital transformation refers to the change driven by the power given to digital technologies in the whole process of organization, production and business of a media (Agarwal, 2020). However, it should be understood as a methodology that considers culture and digital transformation (Kane, 2017) in all its spheres, understanding this scenario, not only as a driver of change, but as a new vital situation. In this line, communication, in general, and advertising, in particular, from an optic of social and cultural phenomena, and the contexts in which audiences are mobilized, as well as the empowerment emerged with social media and networks, in addition to the incorporation of easily processed codes, allow interaction and dynamism (Novoa, 2019), making advertising constantly turn to qualitative and quantitative research for decision making and generation of clear, concise, direct... and even fast advertising messages. The result of effective advertising strategies invites advertising to be
dynamic like the societies to which it communicates, and contextual to keep up with social and cultural changes and transformations. All this in an emerging and highly competitive environment where technology, knowledge, culture and business converge (Gill & Van Boskirk, 2016).
Thus, possible topics to be addressed include:
- Digital advertising: applications and trends
- Innovation in advertising
- 360-degree advertising
- Social networks and advertising
- Emerging technologies and advertising
- Competencies of the new generations for the consumption of advertising.
- Advertising and transmedia: the expanded advertising discourse.
- Advertising and its relationship with virtual reality and video games: product placement.